
Gender and sexuality such an interesting topic! I can talk for hours on our reading where females actively work just to be seen as feminine, our impeccable grooming, make up techniques, diet, exercise, body manipulations etc. All these aspects take up many hours of our time which for many people in today’s fast paced society is very precious, the big question is why! We put in SO much effort and so many hours to look feminine, only to walk outside and to appear beautifully effortless, and portray that we simply “wake up” looking this good. In discussion Kate had brought up the case study done on women in job interviews, and the amount of women that got turned down from the employer because they weren’t wearing enough make up and there wasn’t to a good standard, or wearing to much make up.
Another interesting aspect of Gender and sexuality is of those who completely break the rules, Drag queens! One of my regular clients [who doesn’t want his name mentioned but he wants his picture shown!] Loves to break all the rules of masculinity and femininity! This short interview gives a great inside to his mixed gender lifestyle!
Q: Mixed genders a male from mon - thrus and a female fri – sun what are the pro’s and cons?
A: Oh! It’s super exciting, pushing the boundaries. Men’s fashion can only be tolerated 4 days a week! Men have limited variety in work clothes, unless yours a village man, you are wearing suit pants and a shirt, different varieties in fabric and colours but not much else. Women’s clothing is extremely beautiful as the lead female singer in a band, and because I love to look good I constantly am shopping for something new, there is so much variety dresses, sparkles, shirts, hot pants, fitted pants the list goes on and on, what also excites me is make up and hair, it takes me hours to look perfect, I can literally change every thing about myself when I’m a woman.
Q: Challenging your gender and sexuality there has to be some pro’s and con’s!
A: bloody boobs and a waist! I do workout because that is important, I generally wear a corset for shape, cause my body is like a bloody ruler, and with how tight my corset is it gives my pecks cleavage which I love. Being a male not much has to go into it, a lot more effort goes into being a woman.
Q: The mardi gra being an annual event and a massive hit, you always participate in the parade and for as long as I have known you, you choose to be a female why?
A: its simple more choice when you’re a woman! It takes longer to prepare with hair/make up, which adds to the hype we will experience.
See why I love this topic! So many questions and different views and topics that branch off gender and sexuality. As I mentioned before I could go on for hours.
Another interesting aspect of Gender and sexuality is of those who completely break the rules, Drag queens! One of my regular clients [who doesn’t want his name mentioned but he wants his picture shown!] Loves to break all the rules of masculinity and femininity! This short interview gives a great inside to his mixed gender lifestyle!
Q: Mixed genders a male from mon - thrus and a female fri – sun what are the pro’s and cons?
A: Oh! It’s super exciting, pushing the boundaries. Men’s fashion can only be tolerated 4 days a week! Men have limited variety in work clothes, unless yours a village man, you are wearing suit pants and a shirt, different varieties in fabric and colours but not much else. Women’s clothing is extremely beautiful as the lead female singer in a band, and because I love to look good I constantly am shopping for something new, there is so much variety dresses, sparkles, shirts, hot pants, fitted pants the list goes on and on, what also excites me is make up and hair, it takes me hours to look perfect, I can literally change every thing about myself when I’m a woman.
Q: Challenging your gender and sexuality there has to be some pro’s and con’s!
A: bloody boobs and a waist! I do workout because that is important, I generally wear a corset for shape, cause my body is like a bloody ruler, and with how tight my corset is it gives my pecks cleavage which I love. Being a male not much has to go into it, a lot more effort goes into being a woman.
Q: The mardi gra being an annual event and a massive hit, you always participate in the parade and for as long as I have known you, you choose to be a female why?
A: its simple more choice when you’re a woman! It takes longer to prepare with hair/make up, which adds to the hype we will experience.
See why I love this topic! So many questions and different views and topics that branch off gender and sexuality. As I mentioned before I could go on for hours.
pic: abc.com.au
No comments:
Post a Comment