China is the leading force in fashion production, it feels as if every product we pick up today is made in China. There is no doubt in my mind that China is the leading force in technological innovation, advancement, and production offering cheap manufacturing costs in a short turn around time.
China production feels as if it’s taking over Australia, and I am not exactly sure how as designers we can keep production in-house, and not be tempted to outsource to china to save on costs. I feel as if china has bigger problems to face as a nation.
China, culture? Traditions? Identity based fashion? Where has it gone?
In Australia our culture consists of a relaxed fashion and BBQ’s, where as China has such a rich culture and strong traditions.
China, especially the cities have pushed aside there beautiful traditions, dress, culture and mannerisms. These cultural aspects have had designers envying and seeking inspiration for centuries. China is slowly abandoning there culture to fit into western society ideals.
I feel China has a bigger issue to face which is soon to be a loss of identity, China’s youth is growing up with westernised ideals, and slowly but surely is abandoning its own values and culture. Simply because of there need to meet western standards.
China might been seen a an dominating force in fashion production but personally I feel loosing your identity as a culture is the biggest issue of them all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment